October 19, 2011

I preferred in my Life ... to forget



Admonition
all I hear from you is admonition
so NO admonition

Let's not mention the purgatory
Let's not remember Love
I preferred in my life ... to forget

I am tired of pains
I am fed up and in the blind
I miss my days .. where I smiled
I do not go looking for you ... anymore

Just stay in your place
Do not talk to me about your pains
And not tell me about your longings
Do not care about your affairs ... or mistakes
I do not go looking for you ... anymore

Do not reproach
Let's not mention purgatory
Let's not remember Love
I preferred in my Life ... to forget

Have mercy on me from your words
And do not split my heart with your words
I do not hear you moaning ... anymore

Because ...
I do not go looking for you ... anymore
I remember as I gave you my heart
Or as the day I dedicated my Love to you
You promised that you would not hurt me

Oh, How I lived in aspirations of the past
And I was alone ... I cry for myself
Crying the stolen aspirations
I do not go looking for you ... anymore

.


© 2010-2011


11 comments:

  1. a sad tale that comes down to a choice - we most always have a choice, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is written from such a dark place. My guess is that many of us have felt this way at one time or another, but hopefully it passes. I hope you are not feeling this right now, Shadiatique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. felt....the repitition of i dont go looking for you makes me feel as if the narator is trying to convince themselves because they obviously still have a depth of feeling and pain...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sorrowful story, weaved beautifully. Agree with Brian, Impressive use of repetition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The repetition really works so well here..

    a cross

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome. I have felt every word you have written. I too do no look for him anymore. Excellent write.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. bless you, stay strong.


    I feel like you speak to me directly, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this reads like a sad love song-- very lyrical. have you ever thought of putting your words to music? And yes, you are right-- sometimes it is easier to forget.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is very sad and it is even sadder when it has to come down to a choice
    http://gatelesspassage.com/2011/10/18/farewell-my-three-legged-friend/

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://promisingpoetsparkinglot.blogspot.com/2011/10/perfect-poet-award-week-54.html

    award notice, enjoy,

    simply insert it to your poem, nominate another poet you know for week 55,

    submit a poem to week 54, have fun.
    valued your participation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get the image, but this piece is quite messy... the story needs to be cleaner and that would make it much more enjoyable. I do like where you went tho..



    this part is well done... had everything it needed, and nothing more:
    "I remember as I gave you my heart
    Or as the day I dedicated my Love to you
    You promised that you would not hurt me

    Oh, How I lived in aspirations of the past
    And I was alone ... I cry to myself
    Crying the stolen aspirations
    I do not go looking for you ... anymore"



    felt the rest of the poem could've matched this part of the verse, but fell short.

    ReplyDelete